New Java Chat

Teenbabynet.org News
Joe
Site Admin

New Java Chat

Postby Joe » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:32 am

This morning I installed a new java based chat for our chatroom. It's intigrated into phpbb, so you'll have to log in to use it. This is more secure for our site, which makes it nice. It also should be more stable, nicer looking, and easier to use. The like is on the home page, in the top left hand box.

Please let me know of any bugs in this thread.

Mako

Postby Mako » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:15 pm

Yeah well i gotta few, well first it tells me i dont gotta nickname. But
after i hit enter in the little box thingy, it tries to get me in as my user name, but then i keep getting access denied messages.

<edit> ok now pressing enter in the box by all the audio controls doesnt work either.
Dogs have owners
Kitties have staff

tab

Postby tab » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:42 pm

a big yay for having a more secure java chat!
Gone!

Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:55 pm

OK, all the sounds are disabled ... about the access denied messages, when the page loads you'll get a java security certificate that you have to click yes on. If you don't see that perhaps your browser is set to a high security level. Or, maybe if you're running a firewall it's blocking the opm scan the chat does on computers to prevent spam bots, which would cause the network to not allow you to connect.

Let me know if anything applies ...

Joe

P.S. The little sound box will dissapear in the near future.

Mako

Postby Mako » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:43 pm

well it doesnt say yes or no, it says OK and thats it, (that didnt appear before) but its still saying (Startup error : java.lang.Exception: Mandatory 'nick' parameter not provided),yes i am logged into the site when i do it, and that audio box is the only thing letting me get to the status thingy (hell if i know what it does) but all it says is
[16:39] Connecting...
[16:39] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.blitzed.org resolve)

Maybe givin you the exact messges will help more, probably not. I can already tell you there no security on this peice of crap so it aint that.
Dogs have owners

Kitties have staff

Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:24 am

When you load the chat you should get a permission screen that looks like this:

If not then thats the problem.

tuxtype

Postby tuxtype » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:06 pm

just tested it, and yes, when you press no, that exact same error is produced, so you have to accept it.

Mako

Postby Mako » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:44 pm

That doesnt appear at all. I get no yes or no messages.
Dogs have owners

Kitties have staff

tab

Postby tab » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:33 pm

Willeous_Mako wrote:That doesnt appear at all. I get no yes or no messages.

chances are possible that you have your browser set to not allow any downloads/plugins.
Gone!

donnyba

Postby donnyba » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:26 pm

Joe,
What the heck is phpbb? I have no idea.or would ya rather not have me be a part of your chat? its OK if ya dont. The other chat took forever to get on and now this one don't work at all. O well peace joe. nice to have met ya. Donny.

Snowy
Roleplay Resurrector

Postby Snowy » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:35 am

donnyba wrote:Joe,
What the heck is phpbb? I have no idea.or would ya rather not have me be a part of your chat? its OK if ya dont. The other chat took forever to get on and now this one don't work at all. O well peace joe. nice to have met ya. Donny.

PHPBB is the message board system this site (and many others) uses.

tuxtype

Postby tuxtype » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:44 am

and its a good one too

Billy

Postby Billy » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:48 am

donnyba wrote:Joe,

Donny...

Of course we want you in the chat. Please have patience. Joe changed the web-chat software because it's supposed to be easier and faster. The alternative to using the java chat is mIRC. Really isn't that hard to use. Any one of us could walk you through downloading and installing it.

RK

Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:41 am

Yeah donny, just log into the forums and then click on the Java chat link on the home page.

Mako

Postby Mako » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:23 pm

Nope, they took that away along time ago after several attempts off trying to stop me from downloading stuff into there -.- stupid people thinking putting a lock on my computer icon can stop me. So that aint the problem. Is there anything i might have to download now that i wouldnt from the old chat?
Dogs have owners

Kitties have staff

Return to “News”