Happy New Year!

Teenbabynet.org News
Joe
Site Admin

Happy New Year!

Postby Joe » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:25 am

May your 2010 be full of crinkly/squishy goodness!!

My resolution for this year is to find some time and finally do some of the coding on the site I've been promising for the last forever. If there is anything you would like to see, either post here or in the suggestion box. My plans, at this point, include some minor face lists (perhaps some new theme elements), and I read a good idea in the suggestion box awhile ago about putting a required post count for viewing the album.

--

I saw this picture on google images and had to post it for Ben :p

Yay, first post of 2010!

Joe

LawlietTaylor

Postby LawlietTaylor » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:19 am

Id like to see the usergroups feature actually used to allow members to create groups for a particular interest.

snowboarder

Postby snowboarder » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Happy new year, everyone. :)

I don't have any clearly thought out resolutions this year, but I would like to get back to a regular schedule of working out. In a shocking turn of events, it appears that spending a few months with your head buried in math textbooks isn't very good for your body.

Joe wrote:I saw this picture on google images and had to post it for Ben :p

After I read that, I went on google images and searched for happy new year, just to see what else came up. The second result wouldn't have been a bad choice to post. :wink:

diaperlover25 wrote:Id like to see the usergroups feature actually used to allow members to create groups for a particular interest.

I don't know how much that would really do for us. We don't really have so many members that it's necessary to use groups to keep track of who has an interest in what. I could maybe understand making separate groups for the writers and artists, but I think that just having threads for particular interests is probably good enough. Unless there's another benefit to having usergroups that I just don't know about.
supernerd222 wrote:Well, Snowboarder wrote two paragraphs of 160 proof awesome, someone's being a laughingstock, nobody's broken rule 1 or 2 yet, and this thread is now about 4chan.

I love this place. No sarcasm.

Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:14 pm

diaperlover25 wrote:Id like to see the usergroups feature actually used to allow members to create groups for a particular interest.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.. if you're saying that you'd like to be able to create groups where each separate group would have their own private section on the site, then I'd have to actually create each section manually and associate the group with it.

Really, what the groups are used for is setting different permissions for small groups of people on the site. For example, the mod group consists of the people who have moderator permissions on the forums, and the people in the Album Users group have permissions to create/view private photo albums in the Album. (In which I only allow people who have been here awhile and have a semi-high post count.) Now, honestly, I only check applications every once and awhile.. so if you apply and think I'm taking to long, pop on the chatroom and send me a pm, I always check in at least once a day.

After I read that, I went on google images and searched for happy new year, just to see what else came up. The second result wouldn't have been a bad choice to post. Wink

Well... Only the people interested in the female posterior would enjoy that photo methinks :p Now, I did almost post the picture of the teddy bear holding a champagne bottle, but it was animated and had a copyright tag.. so I went with fireworks.

Joe

TheBrain0110

Postby TheBrain0110 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:26 am

PHPBB3? Is it mature enough for you this year? :P
~ Mind over matter, but what's over mind?

v4a19+3Is2+4MIBsw6+8YUH+LRhw5+7ln6pr7OPe2/4+9
ma7+9ck6u8MLFSw3/5Tm7l6/7EUFi96LCOTextMate/
t3/4MTAb9HTPOALMen7g6GRAPHMr4/5p5/1

"I did the only rational thing, and asked /b/."
- Supernerd222

Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:00 pm

I don't have any qualms with phpbb3 outright, the biggest problem with it would be updating the current site/database to work with it. There is a lot of code on TBN here that would make updating to phpbb3 a monumental tasks, and that's not even taking into consideration of the added on parts that would likely have to be dropped and restarted, most notably the photo album.

If there is demand for this, however, I would be willing to take on this task.

Nohg

Postby Nohg » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Joe wrote:

For some reason I can only imagine you saying this in the tone of a captain on a sinking ship saying he'll go down with her.
Xexxhoshi wrote:Nohg has single-handedly saved me from locking this topic.

Ben41

Postby Ben41 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:03 pm

why would people be demanding he goes down with the ship?
Sammi wrote:i am much more intelligent than the average human being.

Big_Kid

Postby Big_Kid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Joe wrote:I don't have any qualms with phpbb3 outright, the biggest problem with it would be updating the current site/database to work with it. There is a lot of code on TBN here that would make updating to phpbb3 a monumental tasks, and that's not even taking into consideration of the added on parts that would likely have to be dropped and restarted, most notably the photo album.

having had experience coding, skinning, and managing a forum before I can vouch for him on this. It takes at least a full day of work to move over a forum to a different coding base and often times it takes even more work to preserve what info has been saved.

I'd love to see some new skins myself and wouldn't mind trying my hand at making one if I had the time. I've been wanting a darker theme with more grey and green in it. Saves energy and looks sleek ;)
Proud Bellissimo Fan.
I mainly use Twitter Now>>>Here It Is!

Nohg

Postby Nohg » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Ben41 wrote:why would people be demanding he goes down with the ship?

You just sunk my battle ship!
Xexxhoshi wrote:Nohg has single-handedly saved me from locking this topic.

TheBrain0110

Postby TheBrain0110 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Huh, I thought they had a decent upgrade system for moving from 2.x->3.x. And I dunno about what other mods you have, but I would think the album should have a new version you can upgrade to as well.

And from what I hear, phpbb3 has a slick updating engine that handles mods and such well, so you could be future-proofed too ;)
~ Mind over matter, but what's over mind?

v4a19+3Is2+4MIBsw6+8YUH+LRhw5+7ln6pr7OPe2/4+9

ma7+9ck6u8MLFSw3/5Tm7l6/7EUFi96LCOTextMate/

t3/4MTAb9HTPOALMen7g6GRAPHMr4/5p5/1

"I did the only rational thing, and asked /b/."

- Supernerd222

Return to “News”