Update issues?

Teenbabynet.org News
Joe
Site Admin

Update issues?

Postby Joe » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:01 pm

After the recent maintenance everything seems to be working fine. If, however, you find a bug or something that isn't working right, report it here please.

Joe

Yasu
Evil Board Mod!

Postby Yasu » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:43 am

I found one. Im not sure of the post count is working or not, but user http://www.teenbabynet.org/profile.php? ... ile&u=5221
currently has 1 post on his post count, and he made clearly plenty more than this.

I checked after posting this, my posting count isn't broken and still goes up, so perhaps this is effecting only a certain few people.

Also there are some missing posts in a few forums iv noticed, most recently and biggest iv noticed is topic http://www.teenbabynet.org/viewtopic.php?t=3812 Which certainly says Mei is the topic maker, although in the topic it show's he's not the one with the first posts. I remember there being 13-14 posts in there beforehand.

Billy

Postby Billy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:31 pm

this could be due to the server switch. Here's what happened. We backed up the database and migrated it over to the new server. Then we had to change the name servers/DNS entries on the www.teenbabynet.org domain. It takes 24-48 hours for this to fully propigate across the net. So, before the domain was pointing to the new server, some people were still using the old server and posting there AFTER we copied the database (for posts/users) and move it to the new server.

I hope I was able to explain that correctly. It seems as if now the DNS has propigated and we're all using the new server.

Silver Skye
Queen of Nuddia

Postby Silver Skye » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:16 pm

Joe, wouldn't it be ideal to create a topic in the regular forums for members to respond on, since they can't post in the news forum?

Yasu
Evil Board Mod!

Postby Yasu » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:42 am

I made one in General Off Topic, should work since people can postem for us now.

Return to “News”